Old 07-05-2012, 06:23 AM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by Krisb View Post
Well, Krystyna, Lara was probably laughing at us thinking it involved chickens. It's a gorgeous broderie perse appliqué of a female cardinal. Because I grew up where cardinals were seldom found, I just love to see them now. And a beautiful fall themed panel. I am a very lucky and happy girl.

Kris I am so happy that you liked the quilt I made for you! Also, I'm very impressed with your knowledge of quilt history! I had to look up "Broderie perse appliqué". When I made the quilt, it was more like "Ooohhh, look at the pretty rust colored roses!" LOL! I was trying to incorporate the color rust for you and also the cardinal is your state bird, but i thought it was about time a gal cardinal got her share of the spotlight. I printed her out on fabric and then used watercolored pencils and permanent ink to color and feather her. And the fall themed panel is all flowers and leaves from our garden. You were a wonderful partner Kris and I love the Mountain Dreams quilt you sent to me!!!

You are right, I did get a lot of chuckles over the chicken guesses! The poem did sound like it would be a hen.

We were gone over the last 7 days, helping my daughter move from NY city to NC and get settled in, in the midst of violent storms and scorching heat. It hit 112 degrees one day! Now that we are home again, we're too pooped to toot. But North Carolina is SO BEAUTIFUL! My daughter is going to love living there!

I missed all the beautful quilts as they were featured here. Each of you did a beautiful job! I'd had a sneak preview of Lynn's (sewbeadit) and knew needlegrammy was in for a wonderful treat! It's so fun reading everyone's reaction to their quilts... it's like you give each other a little "Christmas" each month!
What I love best is seeing how very different everyone's quilt is and all the lovely ways people came up with making a summer themed quilt! What a talented and fun group of ladies there are here!