View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 06:33 AM
Pat_sews

Thank you all for the nice compliments on the topper.. I am an "old" navy wife too. I got the pattern from http://www.favequilts.com/Independen...s-Table-Topper# I sewed it with machine applique stitch and used a decrative stitch from my sewing machine. I was a bit worried about the curves too but they did great. I used bias cut fabric to make the binding and i used 2" instead of my usual 2.5" strips. Remember to clip the curves and in the V where they come in betweens the curves. I have added some single star stitches around in the areas where i didnt have anything. There are also white rows of stitches. Not sure they show up in the picture. Our grand daughters knew it was fire works when they saw it. They are 3 and 1 1/2 so i guess it looks like its suppose to , to kids. I have made this same topper for St. Pats day . Just use shamrocks instead of rockets and I made the backround larger by just cutting the pattern larger. Thank u again. it just took a few hours to make. Have a great day everyone!!