Old 07-05-2012, 06:52 AM
qbquilts

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
Although I have lots of books of quilt patterns and have purchased patterns as well, I enjoy being able to use my computer to look at patterns. I am an avid Bonnie Hunter fan and after looking at many of her free and mystery quilt patterns, some are just printer friendly but many are pdfs (which means I save ink and paper- and I dont' misplace that printout somewhere before it gets put in a binder) So I am listing the ones I found to be PDFs so you can save. I am also copying mine onto a stick - just in case. If I missed one or some, please post as well.

Boxy Stars, Cheddar Bow Ties, Florabunda, Happy Scrappy Houses, Star Struck, Story Time Stars
Mystery Quilts- Christmas Lights, Old Tobacco Road and Orange Crush
You can make anything into a PDF with some free software. At home I use PDF Creator. You start to print like you normally would, but select pdf creator as the printer instead of your regular printer. You will then be prompted with some default information about the document, which you can edit if you want, and then for a filename/location to save the pdf. You can download PDF Creator from SourceForge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/

You can use it on word and spreadsheet documents too. I often use it to make PDFs of the confirmation page when making online payments.

I know there are other programs that will make PDF, but I've been happy with PDF Creator and have been using it for over 3 years at the house.

edit: PS - the purpose of this post was to say that you can make PDF's of any printable pattern you see online instead of relying on the designer to have already made the PDF. :-)