Old 07-05-2012, 07:40 AM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
I don't have a basement and the garage is full. Oh what is one to do?? Hmmm. Son lives in San Jose, I wonder if I could start collecting long distance? I don't think his garage is full. Wheels are turning in brain. Gonna call him and see if he want to go on a mission. Pretty bad, huh? But I really like that sewing machine.
Go for it! On one of the gals blogs that I read last night while researching this machine, she stated that she was tailoring a baggy tee shirt, a redo. She had tried to do the sewing on her plastic wonder, but the machine just could make the grade. So, she remembered that she had her mom's old treadle, the Flying Man. She pulled out the machine and finished the project on that. Got to love those old machines!!

I believe these machines are from the mid 50s to 60s since they are in treadles and I believe the company still makes sewing machines.

One blogger had machine in an old Singer straight-leg cabinet that said Singer on front middle drawer. I wonder if the Flying Man Sewing Co. picked up Singer's leftover treadles that were no longer wanted in the 50s/60s.