Old 07-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Thanks Fraew and Jeanine I forgot to say how I decided to sew D10 - not the same as thatquilt...
I love PP'ing but as I've said before, if there's a way to avoid tearing paper while still preserving the accuracy, do it! For D10, the 3 1/2" square ruler was my best friend! I cut a 3 1/2" square of print and background. On the wrong side of light fabric I divided it into 4 squares [each measuring 1 3/4"], I drew a line connecting the midway points on the sides [at the 1 3/4" pts] making a 'square on point.' Sewing a 1/4" seam on either side of that square resulted in the 8 halfsquare triangles that make up the two inner squares. The remaining two squares I cut two 1 1/2" squares out of background and [4] 1 1/2" squares of print - cutting these 4 once diagonally and sewing them around light center squares. Once you've constructed these squares trim them if nec. to 2" and when sewn together, they should measure exactly 3 1/2" - I cut 1 1/2" by 3 1/2" for the sides - also made 4 half square triangles starting out with 1 1/2" squares - I then had to 'offset them' a little - you want to make sure that the points of the light triangle will touch the 1/4" seam line without getting cut off.