Old 07-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

I just finished D9 and thought I would share some pics of how I decided to do it - not PP! This block is so EZ if you just measure, measure... Most pieces are multiples of 1 1/4" - actually they finish as squares between 5/8 and 6/8", but with the two seam allowances, this is just under 1 1/4" [hope I'm not loosing anyone!] I noticed that the 4 corners have sections that are light-print-light if you first ignore the very corner triangle. so I cut 2 light strips 1 1/4" x 5" and one print. I first sewed a print to a light long sides together. When I assemble pieces this way I set my stitch length down to 2.0 from the usual 2.4 on my machine so that it doesn't fall apart when I cut down to the right size. Press toward the dark, trim the dark down to 7/8" and then attach other light. Next, cut this assembly into 4 sections each measuring 1 1/4".
I saw that the center included two print-light-print sections so I assembled two more sections at once, cutting 2 print 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" as you can see.[ATTACH=CONFIG]346926[/ATTACH]I cut four print sections measuring 2 1/2" x 1 1/4" which I attached to the light-print-light pieces. I also attached a piece of light to the sides of two of these sections to cover the setting triangles. I divided the print-light-print into 2 sections 1 1/4" x 2 1/2" and sewed a light strip 1 1/4" x 2 1/2" in between - this is the center.[ATTACH=CONFIG]346927[/ATTACH]assemble as shown adding two other rectangles of light at the last two corners, trim down to 4 1/2" [the setting triangles are perfect!] and add an inch strip all the way round. You will have to trim only slightly.[ATTACH=CONFIG]346932[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0822.jpg   dsc_0824.jpg   dsc_0826.jpg