Old 07-05-2012, 05:41 PM
vintagemotif

Originally Posted by BoJangles View Post
Yes, I think at times we all tend to forget how fortunate we are. What I really worry about are the kids - and I mean everyone from 25 down who've never wanted for a thing! They won't know how to cope if they ever have to scrimp like most of the rest of us had to! A lot of our young people have had everything handed to them - most of them have no idea what hardship really is. Yes, I realize some kids haven't had it so easy, but the majority around where I live are just handed everything - they don't have to earn a thing! They get a car when they turn 16, they don't have to work - they are going to be in for a real shock when they get out into the real world!

Nancy
We have become the ME society. Its all about what is in it for "me". You state 25 and younger, but I see it in folks 40 and under.

Anyway time for a new but old subject, Charlee or was it Laura asked what machine would one take with them if a crisis were to occur.

I have been thinking about that. I keep flipping between a Two Spools and a Davis NVF. I can't make up my mind, but I think the Davis would win for the fact that it has the built in walking foot, great machine for quilting.