View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 09:11 PM
May in Jersey

Staying indoors so much because of the extreme heat also makes me feel claustrophobic and antsy. Sometimes I wish I could stay home and catch up with all my chores and sewing but this heat wave has sapped my energy and I'm doing hardly anything. Been limiting errands and food shopping and going early in morning so I get back home before it heats up too much, absolutely no gardening, lawn waterning or BBQing. Thank God we have had power and been able to run AC, a few times it has cooled off enough at night to open windows and have fans bringing in some moister air. Dried out my sinus during trip to Las Vegas beginning of June and came home to the heaviest allergy season that has kept me feeling awful for over a month. Yesterday DH and I spend most today in a hospital as our DIL had surgery, she did fine and we enjoyed a long day in the coolest moistest AC air. I really don't feel like eating much but have been drinking lots of home brewed ice tea with ice and lots of lemon as it's the best refreshment I know of.

Pray the weather cools down and brings all of us some relief.

Last edited by May in Jersey; 07-05-2012 at 09:15 PM.