View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:46 AM
J Miller

Default Thread questions

OK, when I know something, know it works, know how it works ... I know it and am glad to help others that are learning.

Right now I'm try to find a thread that is heavy, strong, durable, and will function in all my machines to piece my denim quilt with. I do not trust the thin lightweight Gutermann thread, nor the C&C Dual Duty All Purpose thread, nor the C&C light weight machine quilting thread. It breaks too easy.
My first quilt cover I made from my #1 treadle was made with the Gutermann and C&C machine quilting thread and it's coming apart already in less than a year. That is UNacceptable.

I've also found that I cannot use the C&C Dual Duty XP HEAVY thread in all my machines because it causes tension problems and birds nests. We've got some thread called American that is heavy and supposed to be machine quilting thread, but it's like sewing with spring wire. I just had some lock my White Dressmaster up tight. Looks like I'll have to take the bobbin drive out to clear the jam.

So, what can I use that is strong, durable, will function through all my machines, will not break, will last for a long long time ~AND~ that I don't have to rely on the internet to get. I want to be able to get it locally if at all possible.

Help ....... Joey's about to pull his hair out. He hates frustrations.

.................................................. ..........................................

We have some Molnlycke thread in the 300 yd rolls. These rolls are smaller than the 150 yard rolls most threads come in and seems to be a good solid thread.
Has anyone here used it?
Where do you get it?
What do you think of it?

Joe