View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Greenheron

I cannot believe this thread has been chugglng along for six months. I posted an opinion in January and have thought about it off and on. I believe the problem comes down to basic manners. Courtesy requires a respect and concern for others which is fading in our culture. When people are judged by their material possessions they are in effect reduced to objects. This judgmental attitude can be found across the spectrum of society.

I have received this initially painful treatment a few times during my years but now, after recovering from the surprise of such rudeness, I discover I don't give a rat's patootie what snottiness/snobbery/snootiness is directed my way. It only reflects the person's poor manners no matter what their economic status.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]347152[/ATTACH]

Wouldn't it be fun to put wheels on our treadle machines and trundle them into class?
What chutzpah to bring a bundle of carefully deconstructed shirts a la Bonnie Hunter instead of new material.
How about showing up with thimble, needle, thread, pincushion, scissors and some pasteboard for patterns and no machine at all?
Attached Thumbnails treadle.jpg