View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 03:32 PM
Caroline S

Originally Posted by oldmanriver1951
found a Arlington Sewing Machine, # 153424 in the cabinet, all the attachments, keys, presser feet, boxes of goodies today at a local yard sale, picked it up for $25, seems to run well, smooth, seems well used and cared for. Even has all of the original pamphlets and such...mfg'd by the Cash Buyers Union in Chicago. All I need is to replace the leather treadle power band. But have had trouble finding ANY information about this machine. Some talk of it being sold through Montgomery Ward or Sears catalogs...back in the day...Anyone have any information or know of a location to point me to in regards this machine? I intend to use it for sewing.

I also have a Necchi with all the parts, from the late 50's or early 60's I think...it's called a 'portable'...if you consider 28 lbs. portable..lol Have found a place for a users manual and am awaiting its showing up in the post.

Looking forward to learning more about these machines and getting to know the folks here....
Welcome. If you are able to post a picture of your Arlington I am sure that someone here can give you more information. We love pictures! BTW, Newbies are always welcome and we are all great enablers if you think you need/want another vintage sewing machine.