Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 PM
melinda1962

My internet fritzed out for a few days and I was only 11 pages behind, but lots has been going on. Hope everyone had a good 4th of July. I used the Lady Kenmore 89 and made my two girls some red, white, and blue quilts to picnic or watch fireworks on. Turned out pretty, and I enjoyed making them. I see the beauty of that machine. It has a sturdy sound and stitch. The quilts were just 9 patches, but made with love.

Nice new machines, or old machines, such as the case is here. Charlee, that was sweet of you to lend the girl a machine. I always keep one on hand that I don't love, but got dirt cheap, for those occasions. It will work, because that is a requirement here, and will have completed a project, so I usually give out a manual, if I have it, and a threading diagram if I don't. I have several midrange Kenmores that are waiting for the call to serve a borrower.

My thought go out to the members with ill family. It is hard, and you are right to spend as much time with them as you can, because when it is gone, it is really gone, and you are making memories that are forever.

You can call me a hoarder for sure. I take in all stray sewing machines and fabric and keep most of them. I am trying to reorganize somewhat, and sort some fabric. Newly married daughter is supposed to be clearing what is left of her stuff out of her room, so I can get organized a little better.

Yall keep me motivated, for sure, with your news of machines and projects.