Old 07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Kate_W

Default "I stayed up all night to watch the sun rise."

The name of this quilt is “I stayed up all night to watch the sun rise.” The inspiration came while watching the sun rise over Lake Vermillion in North Eastern Minnesota.

The quilt top pattern is "Sisterhood" from the book "Strip easy" by Christiane Meunier. On the advisement of my go-to quilting buddies, I stopped at 5x5 blocks and did not go the full 5x7 blocks as pictured in the “Strip easy” book.

The batiks and cottons were not pre-washed prior to quilt construction, the completed quilt was washed with “color absorbers” to get the crinkly effect. The quilt was long-arm quilted in a dragonfly pattern.

The binding. I wanted a contrasting patterned binding that skewed red. The binding fabric was the first fabric the LQS fabric-color coordinator suggested. Perfect. But it gets better. One quilt expert buddy needed a project for a quilt show demo. She demonstrated binding on this quilt. Perfect binding. Perfect application. (My handwork needs, umm, work.)

This is my napping quilt. Well, maybe. Helen told me to buy a cheap throw and hang this on the wall ... well, maybe ...

Thank you for looking! The Quilting Board rocks!
Attached Thumbnails upside-down.jpg   quilt-014.jpg