Old 07-07-2012, 10:39 AM
DeneK

Default Precision Piecing Video on The Quilt Show

Has anyone else watched this video? I watched about 45 minutes yesterday and will probably finish watching it in a few days (I have to be careful how much bandwidth I use -- my internet provider will shut me down to a crawl if I over-extend). I am totally convinced that doing everything she suggests would result in perfect piecing, but I cannot imagine doing it for a whole quilt. Maybe a block or two to test a pattern, but jeez -- too tedious for me.

Does anyone here take that much care with their work? I want to be as pefect as possible within my tolerance for boredom and try for improvement with each new project. I don't expect to reach show-quality any time soon. I paralyzed myself with the need for perfection when I first started quilting. Now there is a level of accomplishment that I am satisfied with and done is better than perfect. But I am curious if anyone adheres closely to a system such as shown on the video.

I do have to admit that there were some excellent suggestions that I will use from time to time.