View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Katia

I check Craigslist nearly every day with two search words. Sewing and Quilting. Not that I need anything, but I am always on the prowl for some great bargain. The guy was disabled and seemed very lonely. The first call I made, I could not get him off the phone. His phone finally died. So I decided I had to bring my husband. I believe the guy was harmless, but I think that it is always a good idea to not go alone. The guy was also overwhelmed with all the stuff his sister had. But he did know that it was worth something. She had taken the Jenny Haskins courses and got herself certified to teach. I don't think she did it much before she passed though. But she basically talked her brother into buying her everything that Jenny Haskins had to offer. I could not believe the boxes of thread and stabilizers and all that sort of thing. I kinda think that she planned to open a business. very sad actually. But I am serious, I could have easily spent 15,000 bucks there. He had that much stuff. I think I got off easy and with a great bargain. I spent 150 bucks. More then I should have, but what is a gal to do?