Old 07-07-2012, 06:07 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

So I am official caught up... for the next 24 hr anyway! I make no guarantees about tomorrow...

Here are my E4 and RS11. I used the EPP method to construct E4. The dark fabric I used was one 5" Civ War Repro charm square. First I thought you weren't supposed to have those background 'trapezoids' below each of those four print tris, but Brenda's sketch is a rectangle & when you look at the block in the original quilt you can see that some of the background does show. I think if you wanted to make it 'exact' you would probably need to stretch the inner large diamond to the very corners, but close enough! I did NOT use PPing to construct RS11. I found it very straight forward and EZ to make without messing with paper. The seminole style rows are made out of 1 1/4" strips. I noticed there were three sets of white-print-white in the three rows and 3 of the white-print segments set on point. I started by cutting 2 strips of print 1 1/4" x 4 and 3 strips of background 1 1/4" x 4" ....[ATTACH=CONFIG]347397[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]347399[/ATTACH] After cutting these strips I sewed together the following sets, long sides together: background-print-background and print-background. I cut each into 1 1/4" widths, making three of each. Then I staggered the way I sewed them together so they would be on point when I trimmed down the background.[ATTACH=CONFIG]347401[/ATTACH] I cut 3 additional pcs of background 1 1/2" x 1 1/4." For the bottom longest section, I sewed two of the B-P-B sections and one B-P section and finished by adding the 1 1/2" side of the B even with the bottom edge of the P[print]. The middle section was - B-P-B to B-P to B, smallest section was B-P to B.
Attached Thumbnails dj-e4.jpg   rs11f.jpg   dj-rs11a.jpg