Old 07-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Next, I added a 1 1/4" strip of BG to each of the section ends - these will be trimmed down later to become those side triangles.
I then turned these sections so the print squares were on point and trimmed them down 1/4" beyond the points for a seamline. I cut a long 1 1/4" section of print which I attached to the TOP of all three sections. Join the bottom of each section to the top of the one below it, while taking care to match the center line [this is actually easier than it sounds because they are all center print square on point.][ATTACH=CONFIG]347402[/ATTACH]How do you determine which end is the top??? There are more BG squares at the bottom.[ATTACH=CONFIG]347404[/ATTACH]Next I used my DJ triangle ruler/template to trim the sides so the final pieces could be added. I lined up the bottom of the top print square with the "3" line. Next I added a 1 1/2" square of BG to the top, trimmed it down again, added 7/8" BG strips to each side and finally a 6 1/2" x 1 1/4" strip of print to the bottom. I did end up wasting a little, but really an insignificant amount. I had slivers left [sometimes I get too close to exact for comfort and end up having to reverse sew and take a smaller seam.][ATTACH=CONFIG]347406[/ATTACH]

For those of you curious as to where in the general scheme of things we are... I have finished 64 blocks. There are 11 more blocks scheduled for the next 4 weeks, til the next break August 5. At this point we will have completed 75 blocks!!! ONE-THIRD away from completing 225!!
Attached Thumbnails rs11c.jpg   rs11d.jpg   rs11e.jpg  

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 07-07-2012 at 06:31 PM.