Thread: Fabric weight
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2012, 07:17 PM
Havplenty

when you look at a piece of fabric through some good light you can usually see the weave and if there is a lot or little space between the threads. when you are trading fabrics it's hard to control the quality you get in return but when you purchase fabrics, the quality you buy is all up to you. most all of my fabrics are lqs quality, i refuse to buy thin fabrics. i have received some fabrics (in trading) so thin i can't help but wonder where these fabrics are being purchased. i was discussing this in my lqs today.

interfacing thin fabrics is certainly an option. whether you feel it is worth it is up to you. i had received some dyed ethnic fabrics from overseas that was loosely woven but i am familiar with this type weave so i have started interfacing them for use. the small pieces i may receive in trade are not worth my time to interface for quilt use so i find other projects for them. i was tossing them in the trash at one time but not any more.

i am trading fabric squares with 2 different online groups with several international swappers so i don't know yet what quality i will be getting. but if i get some thin pieces i really like and want to put in my psq's i will surely interface them.

Last edited by Havplenty; 07-07-2012 at 07:20 PM.