Thread: Grace GMQ Pro
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 07:37 PM
june6995

YES, I can say I have a GMQ Pro frame. I got it in late December. I also bought the Bailey 13 in mid arm machine.

The frame is great. It is a sturdy frame and I have the extention for King size quilts but have it set at 104 inches which takes up a lot of room.

At present I am working on the 2nd quilt. I have not had a lot of time to devote to learning to keep the machine running. Others have told me that at first you break a lot of thread and even needles. Little by little I am learning what adjustments to make, how to set the tension on the poles so the quilt lies flat on the bed of the machine.

I had made up about 8 quilt tops so I would have plenty to practice on and I am glad I made that decision. Like anything else, it takes time and practice.

At first I was afraid of the speed of the machine, but have found that the faster it runs the easier it is to control. Slow speed and fast movement winds up with broken thread and needles.

My advice, take your time and experiment. Do whatever feels natural for you. I am doing all free-motion in the beginning but other people do the pantograms. Whatever suits your fancy.

I hope you enjoy your new frame and quilting your own quilts.

June