View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
butterflywing

the reason i'm down on china is that the living conditions, especially on those living off the sales of technological appliance pieces is abhorrent to me. that anyone is allowed to burn terrible chemicals to retrieve saleable bits is mind-shattering. those cancer-ridden people and deformed children are the direct result of poor people who do what they have to to live. this is a country that will not not accept their complicity in world-wide pollution and actually leaves people no choice but to create pollution. anything that they manufacture can be had elsewhere. the quality of their goods is, in many cases, questionable if not downright bad. hardware, in particular, is carelessly made to measurement and frequently is not accurate. clothing is of poor quality unless you can pay high prices for designer labels. for that same price, you can buy that here, made by immigrants in our own sweatshops. toys are often not safe, meds are not reliable. the rich get richer, the poor get poorer. they do not promote import-export balances. they ship but do not import. so what if their own people cant afford to live decent lives? it is a secretive, closed society that does not allow media into itself. let's see....have i forgotten abything?