View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 AM
nhweaver

I had a solar tube installed in my attic sewing space, I love it, it brightens up the entire sewing area with natural light. I do have some heat gain in the afternoon (it is on the west facing roof), but the mornings are okay (even with 100 degree heat), using a floor pedestal occilating fan, and a ceiling fan. The upstairs central ac is not working right now, we will call in a repair when the heat wave is over. The only space we use on a regular basis is my sewing room. The rest of the rooms are guest bedrooms.

Originally Posted by palmetto girl View Post
The best thing I found for light is I had a solar tube installed. it is much like a sky light except it does not have any heat lost or gain, that makes it wonderful to have and gives a daylight effect in the whole room. Being a widow I had to have someone install it for me. Lowes sells them much cheaper if you have a do-it-yourselfer to work with it. Even it you have to have it installed it is under a thousand dollars and uses no engery so a good investment if you can get one. I sure enjoy seeing.