View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
ladypetite

Originally Posted by mbethwright View Post
How beautiful!!!!!! If I was rich I would take one of each LOL I am new to the quilting scene, so new I have not even bought material to make a quilt yet I love to crochet & thought I would give it a try since Maw Maw Jessie was a quilter & I would sit for hour watching her sew all these little pieces of clothe together by hand . Y'all's quilts are amazing!!!! After getting on here & seeing the quilts y'all are making, I am about to skiddle back to my hooks & yarn. I just don't get how you can get all the fancy designs with the thread in the middle of the quiltsv. Maw Maw Jessie was the best quilter in the world, there will never be anybody better cause she did it all by hand, each & every little stitch, around designs, flowers, or whatever was on the clothe to add that extra special touch. She didn't use the sewing machine cause she said her hands weren't broke, they worked just fine. I think I am just bout scared LOL I won't run away, I'll hang out for a bit & have a look around. Right now, I am gonna drink more coffee & admire more scrappy quilts, amazingly awesome scrappy quilts.
Welcome to the group mbethwright. You will love how helpful everyone here is. Got a question? You will receive an answer or.....a lot of compassionate folks who have tried it this way or that. I love reading all the different ideas and opinions. And looking at all of the quality work everyone is doing is so inspiring.