Old 07-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Barb in Louisiana

I'm curious why you say she won't like it.

There are all kinds of ways to change the appearance of the quilt, but it comes down to what she doesn't like about it. Applique circles, Flowers, stars & moons or complete pieces of another fabric to add interest & perhaps, cover the one you & she don't like. Add another applique color which could be a "zinger" in any design you want. Or use fabric paint to add dimensional squiggly lines after quilting on the part you think she won't like. Or would she like some lace or beading added? You are looking at a one dimensional top now. Quilting with dense quilting in some areas, then less in other with contrasting threads can change the whole appearance.

My suggestion would be to finish the quilt, show it to her, then let her help you decide how to improve it to her standards. If she doesn't like it, change it to be something you could love. And next time you want a quilt made....go out to the Internet & find a wonderful quilt with colors & a pattern you like. It really makes the color coordination process a lot easier. FYI... I am a beginning quilter too & really am no good at picking more than 3 or 4 colors. I love all the wonderful quilts we see on QB & they have inspired me. Let them inspire you!