Thread: Jobs...
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 06:32 PM
janRN

Lucy: I can understand where you're at. For 20plus years I managed medical offices. I got to the point where I didn't want to manage--I wanted to be "just a nurse". Well, the people interviewing me thought I had done something wrong or I was nuts (I am but don't tell them) and stuff and would not give me a chance. They all thought I would leave after a few months to manage again. I finally convinced my present employer that this was what I wanted to do, took a large pay-cut and 8 years later couldn't be happier. In January I decided to finally hang up the old stethoscope and stay home and sew. Oops-Dh lost his job som I'm working one day per week and filling in for vacations, etc., at the same employer. You may have to convince the interviewer that you are serious about part-time work and plan to stay in that position, that it's not a job until you find a "real job". This is hard to do; it took me about 6 months until someone took me seriously. I wish you luck and wish I had better advice for you other than to keep trying.
Peace-Jan