Thread: Island Batik
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012, 08:54 PM
chuckbere15

Originally Posted by chuckbere15 View Post
Just a quick note to keep everyone informed. I called the shop where I purchased them, and spoke with an associate as the owner was not in today. I informed her what was going on and that I plan on bringing the fat quarters into the shop for them to see so that they can make informed decisions when purchasing fabric for our consumption. Also, Island Batik called me back today and I told them that I would not rather return the fabric as I love the colors and the quality of the fabric and that it is not the fault of the store owner or their responsibility to make it right. And I just wanted what I paid for, nothing more. She is going to mail me a yard or two of fabric to make up for the missing fabric.
I received a package from Island Batiks either Thursday or Friday. I was shocked at the contents, I should say overwhelmed. It contained 4 one yard cuts, 9 fat eights bundles with 5 different patterns, and 4 fat quarters bundles with five different patterns. Not only did they make it right, but went above and beyond.

Side note, when I went back to the store and showed the owner, she gave me a pattern for free for dealing with the situation. And I also purchased five yards of another Island Batik for my setting triangles.