Old 07-09-2012, 04:02 AM
kacklebird

Default Does anyone have a pattern for making a quilted arm sling

Hi,

Does anyone have a pattern of a quilted arm sling that they would be willing to share? My friend has the aggressive form of Rheumatoid Arthritis and her elbow is killing her. She is having so much pain that she can't use that arm. When she holds her arm up instead of hanging it down she gets relief so I wanted to suprise her with a quilted arm sling. I asked her yesterday if she supported her arm did it help and she said yes so I thought I would give this a try. Honestly, it's breaking my heart to see her suffer as she can't even pick her arm up to brush her hair, etc. I haven't sewn boo in terms of a quilt as I had planned when I joined this group so figured this will make me get going even though it isn't a quilt. At least it will be quilted. Any pattern or suggestions on how to make one would be GREATLY appreciated. It breaks my heart to see her suffer in pain and she's on so many medications. I wanted to suprise her with one asap. I'm not good with figuring out patterns, meaning creating or pulling one out of my head either as I have cognitive issues and decline from my own stupid disease. ughhh Thanks a bunch if someone could direct me.

Take care