Thread: Lattice Chain
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Steve

Thanks all; I think it will be just fine the way I'm thinking of handling it. A sextuple Irish chain, wow, Patrice you amaze me. I don't think I've ever seen such an item, is it something you thought up, have seen, or found a pattern for?

I need to finish quilting the double one for my brother before I decide for sure, but I'm thinking of doing it in reds, greens and whites as a Christmas gift for Mom. Also I might drop the squares to two inches cut to make it a more manageable size. Even that small the thing will be over 5 x 5-foot square without a border. Yikes, a bit big for a lap quilt! I wonder if dealing with squares an inch and a half cut is something I could work with?

Since this block has 14 rows, with the bottom and top being mirror images, I can strip piece the seven different sets, and given I need only nine blocks for the quilt it should be a snap. The neatest part is the pressing which falls into place when turned left to right for the bottom half, how cool is that?

I admit that reading a book on Irish chains is what got me thinking about this Tim. It’s nice to be able to apply the knowledge gleaned that’s for sure.