View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
May in Jersey

Yes, I like my house to look clean and neat and did keep it that way for years. But I began doing housework as soon as I could use a dust rag or a broom, so at 76 no more Mrs. Neatness. To keep things presentable dishes hide in the dishwasher, clothes in the dryer and all the stuff that accumulates around the house hides in tote bags. Lucky that we have plenty of dishes, untensils and clothes. My sewing room is upstairs and I can close the door on that mess. DH helps out as I put all his clean laundry in his laundry basket and he puts it way in his closet and dresser and he also covers our bed in the morning. Bed is simple, 4 pillows, a fitted bottom sheet and a quilt, just a few flicks of the wrist and the bed is covered, well sort of. In the winter I add another quilt or comforter. Lots of other things to use my limited energy on like catching up with everyone here.

PS: Sun is shiny in the living room this afternoon and shows that the tables are dusty, I'll put that on the top of tomorrow's To Do List, LOL!

Last edited by May in Jersey; 07-09-2012 at 11:55 AM.