View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 04:32 PM
DogHouseMom

Default Which bunny? Opinions please

Making a baby quilt for 1st grandson T/B born late September. I am going to applique various bunnies around the bottom, in different positions - possibly add some flowers and butterflies (time permitting).

My *original* idea was to do the quilt in whites with repro prints and do the bunnies in "bunny colored" home spuns. When the mom-to-be was visiting I took her to the quilt shop for her to show me which colors, fabrics she liked (not picking anything out - just to give me an idea if she liked repro, modern, muted tones etc). Well she loved flannels and she likes brights and told me she wanted bright.

I happened to have this flannel in my stash (yippee!) so I made a simple "base" top and now I want to applique the bunnies. Once I chose the brights I thought the "bunny colored" (browns, beige - etc) homespuns were going to look odd on the bright quilt top. So I started selecting some batiks from my stash and I was about to cut a bunny out of a chocolate brown and I thought ... there I go selecting BUNNY COLORS!!!

I piled a selection of the 'bunny colored' batiks on the top, and a selection of different homespuns (blues, greens, yellows - some muted some bright), and I had a sideway's think and grabbed a handful of bright prints as well.

I asked my husband and he said "bunnies need to be bunny colored - blue bunnies don't exist". The man clearly lacks imagination.

So ... which do you guys like ...

Clockwise from top left
Bunny colored batiks
Homespuns
Bright prints

I'm kinda leaning toward the homespuns which was my original idea.

Opinions appreciated ... even if it's "none of the above".

thanks