View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 03:37 AM
Skeat

Originally Posted by Diana Rainer
You are going to have one truly beautiful quilt, Skeat!! I soooo love your blocks!!! :D :D
The only applique I've done is using wonder under than a zigzag round them. But I really love the look of needle turned!
Doing needle turn, you can still get edge fraying? I had thought the edges would be finished from turning under?
And are you using a glue stick, to hold the pieces in place until you get them pinned?
I'm still working on my 'scattered leaves' quilt for myself, and then have 8 more birthday quilts to do before the beginning of February, or I'd be jumping in this with you all!
Thanks for all your hints, and for sharing them as you go along!!!! :D
I don't use a glue stick Diana....it makes the fabric too stiff for me to get my needle thru by hand-even though I have used the glue for the machine when I've played w/applique that way and it does fine. And, 'NO' fraying!!:)All is well:)Oh, and the freezer paper.....I wait till I have stitched about 3/4 of the applique item....then just reach inside and give a little tug and it comes right out:)I don't leave it in there:)Skeat