Old 07-09-2012, 06:10 PM
BoJangles

Hello everyone, I have been busy with grandkids and piecing a quilt top with my Pfaff 260! Remember my plug problems - not being able to find the correct plug in for the Pfaff 260 I bought from Miriam! I love that machine by the way! We took it down to a local repair guy who's been around for ever - he's got to be in his 70's +! Anyway, he said the machine had been 'altered' so you can't use the left plug! In fact, he said that now it wouldn't work if I did find the correct plug unless the wiring was configured back the way it had been originally! Pretty interesting. He also said the guy from A-1 Sewing was correct - the left side of the plug is the foot pedal - or originally it was for the foot pedal - before the machine was messed with! I'd bet the last owner had the machine re-configured because they couldn't find the original cord!

Anyway, I swear everytime I start sewing with the Pfaff 260 I think geeze this machine is several rungs above the Singers of the same era for quality. Sorry everyone - but, it is like the Wheeler and Wilson's for treadles - way above the Singer treadles of the same era for quality! I still love my 319w and my 301's and FW's, but I am in awe everytime I sit down to sew on the Pfaff's from the same time period!

Nancy