View Single Post
Old 07-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Greenheron

This is not the first thread on this subject. If a person spends money and time on an object to donate to a worthy cause they have a reasonable hope that the charity will at least benefit to the amount spent. It is dispiriting for something of worth to bring little return. Many posters in the previous thread recommended quilts be donated for raffles but not auctions unless there was a reserve established.

An auction of quilts for charity, such as the Mennonite Relief, does way, way better than quilt(s) among miscellaneous donations.

Originally Posted by COYOTEMAGIC View Post
Ok, maybe I'm confused, but I thought the part of donating an item for an auction or other charity situation was for the good of the organization, not whether it brought in the money WE thought it was worth. If it brings in $1, that's $1 more than they had before.

If you aren't willing to give freely of your fabric, time, and skills to an organization, why give to them at all?

Like I said, maybe I'm missing the point of this thread
Logically, donees object to spending time and $XXX dollars to benefit the cause to the tune of $15. Wouldn't it be better all around to just give the $15 up front?

Last edited by Greenheron; 07-09-2012 at 07:28 PM.