View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 04:13 AM
Daylesewblessed

DogHouseMom, I certainly appreciate your contribution to this thread. Your experience with this issue is valuable.

My quilt donations are to an annual auction for a Bible camp. My mother has done the same for years. She has been disappointed with some of the prices and favorably surprised with others. She has a positive attitude and enjoys the experience of giving. Prices received depend on a lot of things: the economy, the attendance (which depends on advertising, weather, etc.), and the quilts. The event has one raffle quilt, 100+ auction quilts, and a room full of silent auction table toppers, wallhangings, embroidery, jelly baskets, other crafts, etc.

I love donating to this event and attending it when I can. It is an opportunity for me to give to something I believe in. It also challenges me to do my best work. I put a lot of time into my items, but not a lot of money.

The organizers allow the contributors to put a minimum bid on their items.

It has been my experience that baby or juvenile themed quilts usually get the better prices. Also, wildlife or sports themed (masculine) quilts do well.

My quilts for this event are unique. I think it adds interest to the event and the attendees have more enjoyment if there are quilts that are enjoyable to view. Not that florals and traditional quilts aren't fun to view, but you need to consider the audience. They are usually looking for gifts for family.

Dayle