Old 07-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Glenda Kay

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by tezell0801 View Post
I finally found sometime to sew and I was determined to complete this quilt top. I just finsihed moments ago. First thing you have to do it post it on here Right! I really like how it turned out. Of course there are more than a few newbie boo boos, but who's counting.
I am giving it to my niece for college. I am thinking about sending it out to be quilted, I have never quilted anything other than a QAYG strip baby quilt and table topper. Since this is a gift, I want it to look nice. I would try it I think if it was for me. It is twin size, I have no idea how much it will cost to be quilted, never priced it before in my area. Although if you have any ideas of a simple way to quilt this please share, I might be brave enough to try if it is not too hard.
Thanks for looking and any advice is appreciated.
Really nice! Love the colors! The most simple & easy way would be to sandwich it & tie it. I have never had any of my quilts quilted by someone else. It's just my feeling that it wouldn't be totally "mine" if I had someone else finish it. Please don't think I'm criticizing those who do. This is just the way I feel. (As a consequence, I'm taking a forced break from hand quilting due to overworking my hands & getting tendonitis/tendonosis. LOL Probably should be sending mine out. LOL)