View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 07:19 AM
Friday1961

Default 4th of July offering......a week late!

Inspired by QB members who showed beautiful red white and blue blocks in this great pattern, I began this before the 4th but set it aside and didn't get it finished until the weekend. I liked it until I began quilting it yesterday on my Singer using a walking foot. The quilting (not shown here) is awful! It's straight line in each little triangle and square and long sections, in the color of each area, i.e., red, white, blue. Part of the problem is the inconsistency of the stitches. Some are miniscule...caused by the machine balking, I suppose, some are the right length. Also, I think the batting is too lofty, a mistake I realized too late. I used spray basting for the first time; what a sticky mess that was. All problems of a novice quilter, of course. I've quilted smallish wall hangings and mug rugs before without problems, not sure why I had so many issues with this piece. I went to bed last night determined to rip all the quilting out and start over. Lots of work but the perfectionist in me won't let me leave it as is. Anyone ever done that? Ripped out lots of quilting lines? [ATTACH=CONFIG]348014[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails quilting-photos-019.jpg