View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 08:16 AM
happymrs

Originally Posted by pollyjvan9 View Post
I have read several of the pages on this thread and now it's time for me to take GGS to mothers day out, but this makes me remember a funny (to me) story. I used to go to a sit-n-sew at a LQS and one of the ladies who made absolutly gorgeous quilts all out of the LQS fabric would throw her scraps into the waste basket beside her machine. I had watched her do this several times and one day she cut these strips from a queen size quilt, about 4" wide that were already sandwiched with warm and natural batting and a gorgeous backing, and then she dropped the strips into her wastebasket, I know she paid $9.99 per yard for the fabric. After lunch that day I went over and asked if she was throwing all that fabric in her trash can away and when she said yes I asked if she minded if I took it. She got a really strange look (disgusted) look on her face and said "why" and I said because it was beautiful and would go great on a quilt I was making at home. Her response was "well, if you want to take my trash home, I don't care." I felt a little like a homeless person as I gathered up her cast offs, but I did, and it did look beautiful on my quilt. Isn't great that we are all so different!
Good for you! I would have done this too, even if I didn't know what I would do with it all, lol!