Old 07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
melinda1962

I have had an exciting day of playing with sewing machines. I joined the old pfaff group at yahoo and got a copy of the stitch wheel, and finally did some embroidery stitches with my Pfaff 230. What an amazing machine. I had only fiddled with it enough to figure out how to straight stitch and zig zag with it, and do the fmq. It is hard to believe that a machine older than me can do all those stitches, and have so many options about spacing and width and such. I am going to make myself a top, and put several rows of stitching around the neck and hem lines in the matching thread to add some texture. In my mind it will be pretty. In real life, we will see.

I also downloaded the book to the Lady Kenmore 89 and learned how to use it better. I read that it is a Pfaff in disguise, and it is smooth as silk. The embroidery stitches built into it are pretty too. Not as many, but easier to do. Very nice machine.

I had seen a Kenmore 158.121280 in a yard sale, marked $5, and asked about it(thinking foot control $30, tension $13, spool pin $3) and said I would check back, and lo and behold yesterday the lady called and said I could just have it, because it "wouldn't sew." After I degunked it, and loosened the bobbin tension, it sews great. It only does straight stitch and zigzag, but I will use it as a loaner, should the occasion arise.

Over the weekend, I spotted a Kenmore that takes the cams that I already have, but the store was closed. The machine has been there for a couple of years, so I am going to check it out this weekend. It has some cute cams, the flower, tree, two different fish, a chicken and a swan. I hope they are willing to get right with the price.

I actually made three nap quilts this past week, the two red/white/blue, and a green and brown, with some pine cone fabric, for my dear husband, who tolerates a lot of sewing machines and sewing messes that get scattered.

Yall have found some neat machines on here and have made me sewing machine crazy again. That dang 201 is still available, too, so I may see if the price is better this week. LOL