Old 07-10-2012, 11:44 AM
quiltingweb

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348074[/ATTACH]Moving this over from another thread...advice from there "Get an old but clean mascara brush and check first for clogged up stuff - lint, broken needles, dried up grease and oil, etc. Get some Triflow oil - put one drop on anything that remotely moves. Jiggle it as you oil. Muv has a great video on the sticky: HOW TO CLEAN UP and use a vintage sewing machine - videos by Muv and Fav Her tutorial should be enough to get that machine serviced. That machine's exterior looks to be in good shape, you do not need Glenn's tutorial. Your machine looks like it runs on a treadle. Some of those machine's also have a little wheel to drive the balance wheel. Sometimes those get a flat spot or die. It looks like it needs a bobbin winder tire. This can further be discussed here: Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell which is also on the sticky. "

It does run on treadle. The treadle moves VERY smoothly. When I disengage the hand wheel, it moves very smoothly, but engaged, it won't budge. I've been looking for the reason and I'm thinking that one of the gears won't move. Needle is stuck in the down position and bobbin case won't move either. I've oiled everything, let it sit over night. Still stuck. Still looking.
Attached Thumbnails newhome1.jpg