Old 07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
mike'sgirl

[QUOTE=marie926;5349000]Hello,

I am a novice quilter and new to this forum. My boyfriends mother, Sharon, makes beautiful quilts, and so me and my boyfriend asked Sharon to make one for us to give to my sister and her soon-to-be husband as a wedding gift. We will pay her for costs as well as her time that she put into making it.

Ask if she would use the cream and purple as borders instead and maybe that would make it more to your sisters liking. I personally would not use the green as a border. But that is me.
If you still don't think your sister will like it, then I would do as suggested above and keep it yourself and give your sister something else. You don't want to make an enemy out of a future mother-in-law if you don't have to. Gina

It has been very difficult finding the right color pattern, especially since I live 1.5 hrs away from Sharon so our communication has been via texts. We finally decided on the color scheme, but now that the quilt is coming together, the colors look very different from the pictures, and I know my picky sister will not like it at all. I have no idea what to do because Sharon is such a sweet woman and potentially my mother-in-law.
Hope this helps and good luck.