View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:39 PM
GrandmaNewt

Default Hiya from Las Vegas, Nevada

Hi everyone! I am new to this board, but have been sewing since I was around 8 years old. I like to sew garments, mainly dresses even though I rarely ever wear a dress. I also like to quilt. For the most part I enjoy machine piecing and quilting, and usually end up making huge king sized quilts for either myself or my very close friends. I do have a few smaller quilts hanging on the walls in my sewing room, all made years and years ago when I was very new to quilting. Looking at those is a great reminder of how much my quilting skills have improved over the years!

Right now I am working on a queen sized cathedral window quilt. I am machine sewing the base of the squares and hand sewing in all the fabric in all the windows. This style of quilt is one that has intrigued me for years, but it is the first time I have ever tried one.

I am glad to have found a board with so many other quilters, especially since in real life I don't know anyone that enjoys this craft. Thanks for letting me join!

Newt