View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012, 12:41 PM
Pam S

Originally Posted by b.zang View Post
I actually own this type of thing that was given to me by a company as a free gift. It isn't a full-sized quilt, but pretty big and rolls up into a tight roll then has a strap attached for carrying like a bedroll. I keep it in my car with the tire changing stuff but will dig it out and see what the quilting on it is like. The backing is more like naugahyde than vinyl and I don't think there's any batting inside.
I have the same type of blanket which came with my Chevy Venture years ago (car's long gone, still use the blanket for outdoor concerts, etc.) The backing is more like a heavy ripstop nylon than a stiff vinyl - very pliable and foldable. The front is a fleecy fabric. It's not really quilted but just a few lines of stitching to anchor the front to the backing, bound (with the nylon) around the edges, velcro straps for rolling it up and and handles for carrying. Works great. Washes in the machine. I haven't tried putting it in the dryer, just hanging to dry. I'd much rather use this than a quilt I spent a lot of time on.