View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Stitching4Fun

I too have long hair.....not long enough to sit on yet, but close to it. I have always had long hair. I shampoo every 3 or 4 days, depending on time of year and the need. I like using the conditioner with balsam and protein in it......it seems to make it stronger, but I do use the other conditioners also. My son got me a towel wrap (those are great!) for Christmas last year and don't know what I ever did without one!!

I have donated my hair to "locks of love". I do not comb or brush my hair while it is wet. I do comb around my face (it is shorter) and just pin mine up with a clip to dry naturally before combing or brushing it.

From time to time I do need to comb it while wet, and at those times, I use a big comb with large teeth and always start combing at the ends to untangle and work my way upward. Using a regular brush on wet hair stretches it and will make it break off.

Mine is usually up in the summer because of the heat and down in the winter if the static isn't that bad. It is good for warmth also.

I love my long hair and I don't see anythng in the near future that will make me want to cut it. I am 55 and still going long!

Barb