View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 04:32 AM
hobbykat1955

Originally Posted by grammy of 6 View Post
Count me in - I would love to know the technique you used.
Thanks ladies...I took a local class...very easy...two diff toned fabrics lite heat bonded together...cut out petals...for this one it called for 144 but I had to make extra's because I usually end up doing my own thing...Same with leaves. Then the teacher shaped each petal by reheating each petal and forming around her thumb...I found a easier more realistic way...I have a 1 inch thick piece of foam...I heat the petal right on it and then took the end of a Permanent Marker and pressed the center of the petal into the foam for a second or two...depending how much shape you want...you want all diff shapes and WA LA perfect shaped petal...If you don't like it reheat and do over. Remember since both sides have diff fabrics you want a variety of colors in your flowers so flip them over and shape both colors. Then she had us draw circles where we would place the flowers... sew each leaf on first around the circles, then petals...I started in the center of the circle and worked my way out with each petal...In each petal don't know if you can see it...sew a pearl seed bead...I had so much fun doing this technique...I'm going to start a peachy pink and white wreathe in this technique.