Old 07-11-2012, 05:12 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
I treadle with my feet together. After picking up the treadle with the "feet" as the treadle pedal, I learned to treadle with feet together. If the treadle treadles smoothly then there is very little work done to tire one out. I would always get a workout on the Singer 328k in treadle since it was poorly designed to be treadled.
Monica, I treadle with one foot on and one toe on - but, I always get a work out if I treadle for very long! I haven't tried the two feet position - I will give it a go! Even with my 15-88, I can 'feel' it after an hour or so of straight treadling - my legs get tired. With the 319w I get a real work out, especially when I am doing decorative stitches or sewing a long row seam - going over several small piecing seams. I can always tell when my pedal needs a little oiling! I treadle so much that I don't think about it until I am about done or after I have wound a couple bobbins - then I really feel tired! I really have an appreciation of those gals that can just treadle all day and not 'seem' to get tired.

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 07-11-2012 at 05:14 AM.