Thread: Quirky Habits
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 07:37 AM
Quilting Nonnie

Well now I'm beginning to feel pretty sane. I also count everything. Steps, times I shake a bottle, clothing as I put it away...Hate soggy bread-won't eat it and also tilt my plate. Most of the time I just fold up a napkin and put it on my plate like a dam between soggy area and other food. I wish I couldn't leave the house till beds are made and the dishes done. But then I might never leave the house!

I thought of another one. Jan you may enjoy this! Once I put ice cubes in my cup with soda or water or... I have to stir the cup so everything gets cold evenly.

When I play cards, I have to straighten the discard pile all the time to keep it neat.

If anyone writes on a paper that I'm writing on, I have to start all over on a new sheet.

I also don't answer the phone when I don't want to, even if it's my kids! I figure the phone is there as a convenience to me, not to make me a slave to it.

When my daughter was young, she wouldn't let any food touch another on her plate also. So the spaghetti sauce was separate from the noodles, the curry separate from the rice, no topping on ice cream. And heaven forbid if anyone put condiments on a sandwich! I finally got her to eat food on top of rice or noodles. However she won't eat salad at all because you have to put dressing on it, still doesn't eat condiments on sandwiches. BTW she is 32. Now she has a daughter who won't eat vegetables, fruit or most meats. I say it is karma!

I wish I was more orderly and neat than I am. I'd rather quilt. That doesn't stop me from stressing all the time when I see messes, stacks etc!