View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 08:05 AM
dublb

Originally Posted by auntjo View Post
I'm catching up on this site after a years hiatus since my DH died and I went back to f/t teaching this past year. Gonna take this year to go thru my house getting ready for a downsize and getting back into my sewing room/studio and do some quilting and finishing of many UFO's. This thread has kept me in eye candy for the past couple days - of course that means I'm not getting anything else done either. But we DO have heat warnings for today & tomorrow for possible over 120 so this is the place to be & I'll add some of my scrappy creations I've managed to get pictures of in the age of web pages and digital cameras. One of the ones I'm trying to complete is the Farmers Wife which I worked on w/a group of ladies as BOM on this site starting a year ago October. Again, quit last year w/about 6 blocks to completion. I think it was by far the most fun as every block is distinctly different which makes it a real scrappy...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]348006[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348010[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348011[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348012[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348013[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348015[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]348016[/ATTACH]
They are beautiful! I can't pick a favorite! I had an Aunt Jody that we sometimes called Aunt Jo. I still miss her. I lost her in the fall o' '03, My Grandad in Feb of '05, My Dad & DFIL in March of '09. (MY DMIL has Alzhimer's so I've lost her too.) These losses are all wrapped up in each other. Someday I'll quit cryin'. I will say that buyin' my DGD's house has gone a long way in the healin' process! DGM sold it in '06 & I just bought it last month. It will be my "lake house"! I'm puttin' all o' DMIL's furniture there, so that is healin' too. I feel they are w/me there.

Oops I see that I started ramblin' again. I'm so sorry.