Old 07-11-2012, 08:36 AM
Brynn

Hi there!

I noticed you've listed a (machine title here) on (place of listing). That's wonderful! It's always a treat to see these machines make their way back into the world for a new generation of sewers.

There's just a teeny little problem--you've listed your machine at a unreasonably high price of (dollars here). You see, in the 1940's Singer came out with the Singer Model 15. It was a great little machine, so much so that everyone who had a sewing machine manufacturing plant started doing their darndest to copy the design. It's a lot like the way the iPhone has had its major style components incorporated into every single smartphone on the market--if a lot of people like the design, other manufacturers are going to try to copy it!

Sadly, that brings us to the ugly truth about the machine you've listed. As it is a Model 15 clone, it isn't worth (dollars here). It isn't even worth (some amount lower than dollars). It's not rare, or unique, or any other misnomer you might care to attach to it. Literally every single manufacturer during this time made their own Model 15 knockoff, from America to Japan to Germany.

So please, do the sewing public a favor--reconsider your asking price. I'm sure you'd like to see it get used, and for it to be appreciated by someone who will maintain it just as well as you or the previous owner did. It will never sell at that price, and it will save you the time of hitting "repost this ad" every week or so.

Thank you ever so much! Please let me know if you'd like to learn more about the Model 15 machine or vintage machines in general--as I'm sure you can tell, I'm a bit of a fanatic!

Sincerely,
xxx
How does this look? XD I've sent similar emails out before--there's one lady on CL who won't believe me when I say her 301 without cords or bobbin case and no attachments isn't worth $80!