View Single Post
Old 01-26-2008, 06:39 AM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by Queen
Thank you all for all the kind compliments. I have been quilting for 5 years now, but sewed all my life it seems. I had an experience when I was quilting for about 2 years from a lady that said that my quilts weren't good enough to put in a quilt show. That comment really hurt and it has taken me this long to show a quilt on the web. I guess the quilt police lives right down the road from me. LOL Mary
Ouch! I've had friends who have encountered similar situations. As a quilter I apologize for that lady's extreme rudeness. I agree with Mary, stay away from such toxic and bitter people if you can and certainly don't take anything they say to heart. As someone who has worked quilt shows for years (I want to get licensed to judge!), the one thing I have learned is that no two people have the same taste. If you had entered that particular quilt in a show, I guarantee you that there would have been people there who would have absolutely loved it!

I sure hope that experience doesn't keep you from enjoying the thrill of having your quilt displayed in a fair or show. It really is very exciting and I must confess I am guilty of standing nearby and trying to overhear what people say about my quilts. I remind myself when I hear a negative comment that not everyone has the same taste and if possible I try to turn the negative comment into a positive, figuring out how to improve my work. Please, don't let one miserable lady ruin quilt shows for you.
~Tiffany