View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 07:12 AM
Robinlee

I own two Husky lock - 534's by White. the first One I bought in 1989 after listening to my mom wanting to do a demo workshop, so I signed us up and we both went home with one. Course this was after I just made 5 brides maid dresses and 2 flower girl dresses for a wedding. Loads of ruffles, kinda a southern belle style. I remember wishing I would of had it before I had to do those dresses. I've made loads and loads of clothes with mine. Had it service regularly. I can do a western shirt inless than 4 hours with mine from cutting to putting snaps on.

About 2 years ago, my daughter wanted one like the one I had while she was growing up, went on ebay, found her one and decided to get me a backup. I have not regretted it one bit.

I did a Biscuit quilt about 10years ago, I used my first serger to finish the square edges when the stuffing was completed. I am working on a t-shirt quilt know, and wonder how sergeing the edges would be, then long arm quilting would work. Still thinking on that one...............

I do know that I am not impressed with the newer ones, most are all plastic, mine is a heavy duty metal version.

If you do clothing or home deco sewing they are real handy, I would suggest getting one, but for quilting, I've not used mine only the one time.