View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:26 AM
J Miller

Well, here goes. Wound a bobbin with the orange serger thread I've used on a half dozen other machines to put patterns on my quilt squares and threaded up the machine.
Needle is a 206-13 Size 14 just put in yesterday. Am using flat cam #23 as my pattern.
I'm making 3 1/2" square patterns on my 6 1/2" squares and the machine broke the thread three times within this square.
I've got the owners manual out and will go through all the trouble shooting steps to figure it out, but if anyone has any more ideas, I'm all ears.

319 bobbins: Right after we got this machine we bought some original Singer bobbins from our LSMG.
Then a 10 pack from Sew-Classic. It seems the ones from S-C are just a tiny bit narrower than the originals. Maybe a 1/2 rim thickness.
But it's enough that the lever that trips the bobbin winder to the off position will not fit between them.
Turns out it is twisted a bit and will just barely work with the originals.
What I can't see right of, is which way I need to bend it. It looks as if it sits too far to the left so it was bent to the right to work.

So far it seems that most of the Singer ZZ machines have needed work to function right. However, most of the antiques like Minerva, Mini, Louise, have needed just cleaning and a little bit of work then they just sew happily ever after. Maybe my like for the old black machines is for a good reason.

Joe

Last edited by J Miller; 07-12-2012 at 10:30 AM.